Dr.L.Chitra, a dedicated, resourceful and goal-driven professional educator with a solid commitment to the social and academic growth and development of every student has completed her Bachelor degree in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering at National Engineering College, Kovilpatti followed by a Master’s degree in Power Electronics and Drives at Raja College of Engineering and Technology, Madurai. She has completed her doctorate in the area of MEMS Sensor technology at Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai. She has a rich teaching experience of 22 years.M.E., PhD
Renewable Energy Sources, Drives and Control system ,Robotics and Automation, MEMS Sensor Design, …
Show Full Awards
Hide Full Awards
Certificate of Appreciation was awarded to Dr.L.Chitra from IIT Bombay for outstanding contribution, Coordination and participation during the Global Student Solar Ambasadors workshop organized globally on 2nd October 2019.
• Dr.L.CHITRA, HOD/EEE, as a Academic member in 35th National convention of Electrical Engineers and National Conference on “Storing Energy for a Sustainable Future- Future Energy in any isolated World” organized by The Institution of Engineers (India) conducted on 7-9 November, 2019 and was awarded in the Panel Discussion for the topic on “ELECTRIC VEHICLES –Green or Red” .
• Certificate of Appreciation was awarded to Dr.L.Chitra for getting selected in top 20 out of 2500 entries in submitting the ideas and challenges posted by pandemic to MHRD and AICTE for MHRD mega online challenge SAMADHAN.
• Certificate of Appreciation was awarded for mentoring the student in participating the Sahayak Virtual Hackathon conducted by UPES,Dehradun during 25th and 26th June 2020 and secured the first position(winner) out of 208 registrations from all over India.
• Got appreciation from the university for the product development the Nursing Robot named V2Buddy in association with Ganesan Innovation and Incubation Center for assisting Doctors and Nurses especially for corona isolation wards.
• Got appreciation from the university for the product development named Automatic Sanitizer and temperature console in association with Ganesan Innovation and Incubation Center and student members.
• Got appreciation for outstanding contribution, coordination and participation in completion of the field project named Integrated DCS and IIOT Energy Monitoring System in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
• Got appreciation for AICTE National Level Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards 2020 for the Team Insight in the category of Working Condition Ensuring Occupational Health and Safety issues for presenting a prototype of V2Buddy the Nursing Robot.
• Got appreciation from IIC National Innovation Contest 2020 organized by IIC National team ,Ministry of Education Innovation Cell, AICTE, New Delhi for the prototype named “V2Buddy the Nursing Robot”.
• Got appreciation for mentoring the students and won second prize in 11th National level Technical Symposium organized GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology in the month of October 2022.
• Has received appreciation for mentoring the students and won second prize in 11th National level Technical Symposium organized GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology in the month of October 2022.
• Mentored 5 students from EEE and Mechatronics and Won cash prizes of Rs.72,000 in the Climate Hackathon Challenge organized by Energy Swaraj Foundation in the month of October 2022.
• Mentored the students for Presenting a paper titled “DCS and IIOT Integrated Energy Monitoring System” and won the Best paper Award in the Symposium on Recent Trends in Electrical, Information & Technology, Electronics & Communication and Computers organized by IETE Chennai Centre in the month of November 2022.
• Mentored the students along with the Industry Cornerstone Automations in participating and won the prize of Rs. 50,000 for the product Desilting Bike in Tech and Innovation Fair organized by IIT Shaastra, Madras in the month of Jan 2023.
• Got appreciation for being valued supporter for the Energy Swaraj Movement and Energy Literacy Mission from ESF .
• Got appreciation for guiding the students to present their project titled “Solar based mini Portable Thermo Pot” and won first prize with a cash of Rs.8,000 at the project Expo organized by School of Computing Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM Institute of Science and Technology,KTR,Chennai in the month of Feb 2023.
• Has received an appreciation for mentoring the student and won 1st runner up of Rs.25,000 in National Electric Bike Challenge 2023 organised by Propel Industries Private Limited and Kumaraguru Institutions in association with Society for Smart E mobility in the month of Feb 2023.
• Has received an appreciation for mentoring the student and won the Ist Prize of Rs.20,000 at Innovation Challenge-2K23 organized at AVIT by Institution’s Innovation Council of AVIT.
• Has received an appreciation for mentoring the student in 2nd National level project competition/Exhibition VIDYUT 2023 IEEE Power & Energy Society Student Chapter, Department of EEE, Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad, Telangana during March 2023.
• has been recognised as AVIT Faculty Ambassador for bringing laurels to AVIT during the academic year 2022-2023 organized by Aarupadai Veedu institute of Technology.
More than 32 papers were published in journals indexed in Scopus or WOS.More than 10 patents are granted and 3 got published till June 2023.